Ambika Melville has over 5 years of experience working with companies and nonprofits with a focus in the environment and energy sectors. She has worked on a range of projects that include alternative energy, energy efficiency, coastal conservation policies, urban heat islands, and sustainable development. She specializes in data analysis, program reporting, and customer outreach.
ICF International – Associate – July 2012 to present
- Houston, Texas
Assists with market assessment, cost benefit analysis, implementation plans, and program implementation for utility electrification/load growth programs across the Central Region.
- Little Rock, Arkansas
Assisted with the development and implementation of energy efficiency and sustainability programs in Arkansas. Conducted research and analysis of energy efficiency, sustainability, and industry issues. Corresponded with energy efficiency program contractors and other key market players.
LifeCity, LLC – Director of Operations – Spring 2011 to Spring 2012
- Managed operations at a startup focused on building a green community in New Orleans by certifying green businesses, enhancing their sustainability and creating a green affinity card for consumers.
Environmental Law Institute – Research and Publications Intern – Fall 2010
- Assisted with a project that helped identify the gaps and overlaps in conservation and restoration policies between Mexico and the US in the Gulf of Mexico. Researched, reviewed, edited, and summarized pertinent policies for this and several other projects.
Alliance for Affordable Energy – Intern, Volunteer Coordinator – Spring & Summer 2010
- A nonprofit that advocates fair, affordable, environmentally responsible, community based energy policies
- Hired, trained, and oversaw eight other interns. Other duties included researching energy policy, identifying applicable grants, and educating the public at local events on energy efficiency and house weatherization.
- Designed 2010 annual report. Also helped enhance overall graphic design and social media outreach.
Tulane University – New Orleans, LA – May 2012
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science. Minor in Business
American University – Washington Semester Program – Fall 2010
International Environment and Development
- Semester long program on global environmental and development issues consisting of lectures, presentations from leaders in the field, and site visits to relevant organizations.
- Travel component of course included month-long field research in Ecuador and the Galapagos.
Adobe products: InDesign, PageMaker, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Microsoft Certified in Excel and Access. Conversant in all Office products.
ArcGIS mapping software.
Art: Graphic Design, Painting, Sketching, Sewing.
Outdoors: Rock Climbing, Camping, Hiking.
Hanging with friends, family, and cats.